Sunday, January 29, 2012

My First Script

Two weeks ago after Jonathon and I were married, he shocked me when he said he wanted to bury or at least retire the Impaler. Back in December, Jonathon told me when he hit 50 he would retire the Impaler and focus his energies on being a good husband and father to our children.

He was scheming for a while about asking me to marry him, and getting me pregnant. It was my intention to tell him on Christmas Eve I was pregnant.  It was a great plan, if the HPT would have shown I was.

He also told me two weeks ago, in 2013 I could do anything I wanted professionally. Because at the end of this year, he was retiring. His main focus is the baby and me. In that order I believe.

I decided I wanted to write, produce, film and star in a movie in my homeland of Russia. Especially since Jonathon agreed to buy us a home there.

As the fates would have it, I found the full printed script of The Comeback Fighter. Jonathon is not good at hiding stuff. Especially from me.

I wanted more than anything to read the last scene in the movie. I wanted to know who wins the fight. I was shocked by the ending in more ways than one. So will everyone who sees it.

I totally disagree with how he handles my character Naughtia. As a Russian woman, I would never allow any man, especially an American man to treat me that way.

I decided I must avenge what Jonathon has done to my character. And may his character pay for it.

With that said, I started writing my first script. It is entitled; The Comeback Fighter: Naughtia's Revenge.

My thought process was, I would get funding from Russian sources to film. After all, its mostly being filmed in Russia.

Today in film school, I learned I have a legal problem with my plans. My hubby wrote and copyrighted TCF, the characters and everything to do with the movie, a year before I met him. Even though we are married, TCF came to live before we were married. And he has exclusive rights to the movie.

In our post-nup, its says we own everything we have before coming into the marriage. I thought that was a given. I wasn't thinking about his movies. So, no matter how much his movies make, I am not legally entitled to anything from them.

He has already agreed to buy us any home in Russia I want. He wants our children to never worry about money or anything. That is nice of him.

His sole ownership of TFC puts me in a pickle. I had to just humble myself and ask my hubby for permission to write my own sequel to the movie we are presently in production with.

To my dismay, he wanted to know why I wanted to write a sequel. I hoped he would say anything for you my love. Not ask me to explain why I think he screwed up.

So, I explained what I don't like about the ending. Then he made me show him what I wrote. He does have to approve the script before I send it to be copyrighted and filed with the WGA. To my utter disbelief, he loved it. Even with what I am going to put him through. He gets slapped, kicked, punched, and thats not what he is going to suffer in the ring.

He thinks I am doing a great job. Then he told me something I already had suspected. There is a scene where his character while in Russia belittles the Russian people and even Vladimir Putin. He told, I could never write that scene true to his character.

Though I have seen footage of him in the wrestling ring belittling his opponents and fans, he has a certain flare for doing it. Each time he does it, he adapts his speech to where he was, his opponent and what events were happening in the area.

I have also seen him tell off people when they piss him off. He never belittles people who piss him off the same way. His tone will change. Or his facial expression. He said it is an art.

In the ring, even when he is wearing a mask, you can tell by his body language how he fells or acts.

I now must relent my desire to write the whole script, and allow my hubby to write the one scene in Russia.

To my surprise, when I asked Jonathon how much he wanted to be paid for the movie, he said nothing. He would do whatever I wanted him to do in my movie for free. He did have three stipulations.  One, a reasonable percentage of what I make has to be put in a trust fund for our children.  Second, 10 percent of whatever I make from the movie, has to be given to Russian Orphanages. When the movie comes out, you will see where this stipulation stems from. Third, I have to given him a minor writing credit in the movie. I am using scenes from TCF, and he is writing the one scene.

WOW. This is awesome. I am now in charge of my own movie project. How cool is this?