Thursday, January 19, 2012

She's an Awesome Romanian and Family Member

As some may know, I found out the hard way, older Romanians do not like Russians. No one would tell me why though.


Yesterday I emailed one of Jonathon's Romanian cousins who live in the states. I asked her many question during the course of the day. I specifically asked her, why Romanians hate Russians.
Here is her response. I cut some stuff out, and added lines and paragraphs.


I have to tell you though that I am not Russian I am Romanian, Jbecause in fact Vlad Tepes was Romanian not Russian. I was born in Bucharest Romania and lived there most of my life.


The story about Russians is a discussion that we should have in person so I can tell you the whole story and understand. Some people because of the communism and being brought by Russia after the World Warr II in our country they still resent the Russians. I don’t like to generalize and I do not resent all of them but only the bad ones as there are bad people in every country and good people also. So don’t let this ruin the feelings that might start growing for Jonathon’s mother country and its beauty. You will find people like this all over the world but doesn’t mean that all the people in that country will be that way. 


And I will tell you the story and maybe you will understand somehow the resentment toward the Russians which is more toward Russia, the former one, and in fact communism that was brought in our country and took away freedoms and done a lot of hurt and even killed people. But I bet you know what communism did in that part of the world and still does all over the world where exist still and nobody is really happy about it. But do not let this upset you too much and just read about it ,and internet is a immense source of information and maybe then you will understand better and maybe you will explain them better when you will go back again and I hope you will.


I look forward to tell you more about Romanians and Romania and meet you, please do not get over upset about it.


Where was Elena back in December when I needed her?