Friday, January 20, 2012

First Week of Marriage


Last Thursday night, Jonathon surprised me, and at midnight, which was then Friday the 13th, we were joined together as husband and wife in a beautiful Pagan ceremony. We will have our big wedding on March 31. He will have a photographer taking our pictures with Impaler Films' equipment. This means, we own the rights to the pictures. 

So, what has it been like to be married to the famed Impaler?  Not too bad :)). Been living with him since the end of August. I've seen him happy, sad, moody, injured, drugged up (he's funny after surgery), angry and very lovable. 
In the past week, I have chatted with two of his family members. One from his mother's side in NJ. The other from his father's side from Romania. Elena lives in the states.
Both were very kind to me, and supportive of our marriage. They both told me things about Jonathon I did not know.  Nothing bad about him.
I also contacted two of Jonathon's ex-wives. One as you know, caused an expression on Jonathon's face that no words can describe. But, he didn't say a word. That in itself is amazing. If not supernatural ;))
I haven't heard back from his first wife. I am curious about one thing he told me. And only she can verify this. And if she does confirmed he told me the truth, I will be in total shock, and probably speechless. As I am sure some of you would be too if you knew. 
Marriage is a long hard road. It has many highs and lows. Along with twist and turns. Those who are determined to drive to the end of the road, must be willing to accept their spouse as they are. And not try to change them too much. If you change someone, or take them out of their preferred environment, I believe you change the person you fell in loved with and married. 
Together, couples need to grow. Kinda like a tree. They need to have strong roots for their foundation, so they are strong enough to survive the storms they will encounter throughout their lifetime. 
I believe our children will be like tree branches. If they are to grow strong, we (Jonathon and me) will need to be strong as one tree and not split apart. In other words, we will need to be devoted to life's journey together, and be ready to take the wheel and drive through a storm, when the other is not strong enough. 
The biggest surprise this week, was when Jonathon said by his 50th birthday, he wants to retire from being The Impaler, and bury his public persona. He also wants to move out of the US, to ensure The Impaler will RIP. I have contacted his cousin from Romania, and told her we are interested in buying a house in Constanta, Romania. I also spoke to Jonathon about us getting a house in Dmitrov, Russia. It's close to Moscow, and north of where my family lives. We will be close enough to everything, and still have our own space. This is another blog.
No one knows what the future holds. You can embrace it. Or live in fear of it. I am choosing to embrace what will surely be the ride of a lifetime.

No matter if Jonathon puts his persona to rest, or not, its only a part of him. He has many other parts of his personality, which I'm sure, will keep me on my toes and make our life anything but boring.