Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The difference between a Russian and American movie producer

I am proud I was born in Russia. Though I lied to Jonathon about my birth place up until 2 weeks ago.

My philosophy is; a Russian or as I now say: Soviet, will go to any lengths to succeed and win. Where an American or any one else is this world, would worry about human pain and suffering. Either their own, or someone else's.

I love my hubby dearly. Like me, Jonathon believes in not failing. Achieving your goals takes a win or die trying attitude. Your mind must be strong and focus on success. Not failure.

To those who may believe there are lengths I will not go to make my movie look great and realistic, here is my email to Dr. Guttentag, Jonathon' surgeon.


Dr. Guttantag,

As you know I am from Russia. If you speak to your Russian players, they will tell you what I am about to ask you, is something a Russian movie producer would do. So do not think I am idiot.

In my movie, Jonathon's character has his legs replaced. He is opened from his hip to his ankle. I was told it would be more cost effective for me, to hire surgeon to surgically cut Jonathon from his hip to his ankle on both legs.

Jonathon has so many scars on his knees from surgeries, and scars on his legs. Two more will not matter. I am not asking you fully open his legs. Just cut enough to make real scars for my movie.

I of course will want to film this. You can do this at your center. Yes? 

Since Jonathon trust you, if you agree, he will agree.

If you refuse, as much as Jonathon respects you, I will find doctor to cut him.

I hope you say yes to me. I of course will have Jonathon release you of any and all legal obligations.  

I am already arranging with Jonathon's therapist to film Jonathon the day after his surgery in the scenes written after his character has his surgery. I will keep to the storyline. 

What other producer or actor would do this? Only one with a Soviet mindset. In Jonathon's case, the Impaler will enjoy this. 

Do you think I am crazy? If so, that is your right. Will this be the talk of the movie industry? You better believe it. Will this bring more attention top my movie and make people interested in seeing it? I believe it will.

Why work your ass off, and not have an awesome film. My film will be awesome.